My name is Haley Crabtree and I am the Associate Professor in Computer Information Systems, and I would like to personally invite you to attend the first-ever Cybersecurity Educational Initiative Summit at Terra State. This event is to celebrate the recognition of Terra State as a Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Two-Year Education (CAE2Y) through academic year 2022 by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security and will have a variety of educational and informative sessions throughout the day.
Our dynamic speaker will be David Kennedy. David Kennedy is Founder and CEO of TrustedSec and Binary Defense. Prior to starting TrustedSec, David was the Chief Security Officer (CSO) for Diebold Incorporated, a Fortune 1000 company, with locations in over 80 countries. He developed a global security program that tackled all aspects of information security and risk management. Kennedy started his professional career as a member of the United States Marine Corps (USMC), and was deployed to Iraq twice for intelligence related missions. Mr. Kennedy was Founding developer of the Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES), the industry leading standard on how penetration assessments are to be executed. The Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) adopted the PTES as their standard.
- Registration: 9:00 am – 9:30 am Ronald L Neeley Conference and Hospitality Center
- Opening Remarks: 9:30 am – 9:45 am Ronald L Neeley Conference and Hospitality Center
- Breakout Session I: 10:00 am – 10:45 am
- Breakout Session II: 11:00 am – 11:45 am
- Lunch and Dynamic Speaker, David Kennedy: 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm Ronald L Neeley Conference and Hospitality Center
- Break out session III: 1:30 pm – 2:15 pm
- Closing Remarks: 2:30 pm -3:00 pm Ronald L Neeley Conference and Hospitality Center
He also was Co-Founder of DerbyCon and is on the ISC2 Board of Directors. David has had numerous guest appearances on Fox News, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, the Huffington Post, Bloomberg, BBC, The Katie Couric Show, and other high-profile media outlets. In addition, his tools have been featured on a number of TV shows and movies. David has assisted in some of the content for the widely popular Mr. Robot TV show, and advises on other news organizations and TV shows, including the History Channel. David Kennedy’s passion for the information security industry is the reason TrustedSec was born. He wanted to build an organization that helps others in a profound way, serving as technical security experts and advisors to companies of all sizes and industries
- Starting a Corporate Information Security Program from Scratch: Adam Luck, IGS, Senior Manager
- Cybersecurity and Payment Compliance: Tara Wilson, National Payment Corporation
- Must-Know Information for DoD Contractors: Unpacking the DFARS Clauses that Drive Future Contracts: Ryan Bonner, Brightline Technologies/Northwest Ohio MEP, Compliance Director
- Surviving and Thriving with NIST 800-171: Improving the Cost and Complexity of Complying with NIST SP 800-171 Rev1: Ryan Bonner, Brightline Technologies/Northwest Ohio MEP, Compliance Director
- Small Business and Cybersecurity, Gregory Tapocsi, Ohio Attorney Generals Office
- Risk Management and Transfer: Christopher Kakish, Oswald Companies, Client Executive/Professional Services Sales Leader
- Reducing Your Cyber Risk by Implementing Compliance as a Program: Loren Wagner, CentraComm, Senior Director Compliance Services
- The Threat is Real: Securing OT in an IT-Centric World: Scott Blough, Tiffin University, Executive Director, CISO
- Bracing for the Inevitable: How to Respond to a Wide-Spread Breach: Devin Hill, Booz Allen Hamilton, Incident Responder
Do not miss out on this great opportunity to learn more about protecting your company by becoming more educated to reduce your cyber risk. These sessions are geared for everyone, not just IT professionals. If you are a community member or business owner you are at risk.